September 2, 2013

My SHS fosters (Part 4) Kahless too

To read this story from the beginning click here.

To read the previous installment click here.

Just a week or two after losing Deanna I noticed that Kahless was not thriving like the other kittens of his age. He was thin and puny and his appetite was lacking. I took him in to see the vet and found that he was pale because he was anemic.  The Vet was unsure as to the exact cause of the anemia, diarrhea, vomiting and loss of appetite. Because this kitten belonged to the humane society and their funds are limited when it comes to very ill kittens the Vet prescribed antibiotics and advised me to give fluids and supplements and force feed a high calorie diet and hope for the best.
Kahless
All the while this was going on, his other two siblings were off being fixed and getting ready for adoption. Kahless was much to sick to even think about getting a new home just yet.
Minuet as a little kitten
Minuet right before she was adopted



















Minuet and Wesley were dropped off at the local shelter spay/neuter clinic and then taken right to their new adoptive homes. They had a sort stay with me, but they were such nice kittens to have around.
Wesley as a kitten
Wesley before he was adpoted



















For a few weeks I helped Kahless battle what ever it was that was making him so ill. He had diarrhea for what seemed like an eternity and he was so thin and frail there were many times I thought he wouldn't pull through. Gladly, he did pull through. 
Kahless






 I was so happy that he did because he was such a sweet and loving kitten. I really didn't want to have to lose him too. One loss from a litter was all that I could handle.






After recovering from his illness Kahless
was the same mischievous and playful
kitten that he always was.











To read more about my SHS fosters look for the next installment titled:
Next stop, adoption.

No comments: