October 7, 2013

My SHS Fosters (Part 5)~Next stop, adoption!

To read this story from the beginning click here.

To read the previous installment click here.

Left to right: Miles, Teeny Tiny Tucker, Kahless and Kestra
There were only four kittens and Saphira left at this point.  The smaller kittens were now big enough to be fixed and Kahless was healthy enough to go with them. 
Kahless
Kestra


 
















 

Miles
Teeny Tiny Tucker




















They were all brought to the Local Spay/neuter clinic that the SHS was using to be spayed and neuterd. Then returned to my home to recover. Saphira had already gone to be spayed and put into an adoption program at this point, but had to return to me because she ending up getting Mastitis. So while her babies were recovering from their surgeries she was recovering from infection.  She would get antibiotics twice daily and I had to place a warm compress on her infected mammary glands. 
Kestra wonder what her new family will be like.
Kahless takes it easy after being neutered.
Once everyone made a full recovery, I took the four kittens to work with me to put them in the adoption cage in the lobby. Every night was hard leaving them there, and for the first few nights I took Tiny Tucker home with me. He has been my favorite all along, and I should have known that naming him after my former cat Tucker would be nothing but trouble.  After a few days of bringing him back to work to be in the adoption cage I couldn't take it anymore. I called the Humane Society and told them I had to have him and that I just could not leave him there anymore.  They decided that I could keep him and I took him home.
Teeny Tiny Tucker sleeping with his brother Cosmo Nova.
 The next kitten to get adopted was Kestra, followed closely by Miles, but for Kahless it would take a bit longer. 
Saphira~ the best mommy kitty in the world
 With Kahless alone in the adoption cage at work, and Saphira infection free, it was time for a reunion. Saphira went to the adoption cage in the lobby at work to go up for adoption along side her son, Kahless. The two of them were in that kennel for what seemed like forever. Then by luck a family came and adopted them both together! Saphira and Kahless were going home!  That was a very happy day, and I'm so thankful that I was a part of their lives and that they were a part of mine.

The End
 

No comments: